Sunday, 14 April 2013

The week that was


Wow, what a week I have had.  I returned to work after 2 weeks leave to find my work colleague of a few years had moved to another department.  Naturally my first thought was about who the replacement was (just thinking about myself here).  To my amazement an unlikely person turned up within minutes introducing herself as the new receptionist.  Instantly I knew I would enjoy working with Helza as as prefers to be called.  Turns out that Helza knows my husband through a musical connection, they are both members of the same Pipe Band.  Helza give me a big hug and our new work relationship begins.
The week that was has been the least stressful week all year, Helza and I get on like a house on fire!!!!!!  We have lots in common, both love organisation in the office, are creative souls (Helza has a Fine Arts Degree) so needless to say I have been talking art all week, OMG it is so lovely to talk to a like minded co-worker who knows I'm 'normal'.  Helza  makes amazing art, can't wait to see it in person, phone photos don't do it justice.
The band had a social gathering last night so we met up again.  I met up with old friends I have known for half a lifetime but haven't seen for many years.  I used to be a Pipe Band groupy in my younger years until I woke up one day and realise it was my husbands pass time not mine.  I retreated to the background only to come forth last night.  Good food, good wine and good company prevailed.
Unfortunately I awoke with a migraine this morning and spent the day in bed until 1.00, what a waste of a good day.  But, not to worry. As soon as i was able to eat crumpets and down a good cup of tea I was into my art.  I just couldn't let a weekend go by without creative interaction.  I spent the afternoon creating a collage page to cut up for use in my new art journal (photos soon).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...