Sunday 18 May 2008

Million Paws Walk


This morning I took my dog Staffy to the Million Paws Walk, which is a fund raising walk for the RSPCA. I went qwith my lovely friend Shakira and her gorgeous husband, Ariel along with our dogs, Staffy and Millie. There were so many dogs of all colours, sizes and breeds out to enjoy a walk with their owners. Our dogs got a bit tired and had to carried some of the way but most of the time they trotted along with the crowd. I have always meant to go on this walk but something always came up and I never got to participate. But, this year I made the commitment early and signed up and paid the money and went along and had a wonderful time. I was a bit hesitant taking Staffy in the car because she isn't a good traveler but today she traveled like a pro and sat up in the front seat and was on her best behaviour.

I had plans to do all sorts of things this afternoon but I think the walk had made me a bit lazy so I think I will just sit by the fire and start knitting a jumper for myself that I have been meaning to do for ages. I haven't knitted for a few years so this will be a test to see if I still have the patience to knit adult sized jumpers or not!!
Signing off till next time.

1 comment:

Artisan Memories said...

Jude what a lovely sentiment and thing to do for your community at large. I too do volunteer work for the Spca up here where i live. Its good to know a fellow animal lover.
Have a lovely day Jude.
Laura Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...